Froshty Mugs

An occasional forum I use to earn "She was funny" on my gravestone.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

Leaving the beach is always sad for us. I'm sad because my two-week period of rest, relaxation, and reading is over and the girls are sad because they always make friends when they're down there that they then have to leave. This year, I decided to cheer us up by driving along the Island's two main beach roads looking for illustrations of what I was talking about in my last post when I described what we as children hoped we'd be staying in at the beach and the stark reality of where we ended up. It's also been three years since I tried to upload a graphic on this blog, so this should be interesting.

First, here's the type of house we hoped we'd be staying in:


Here's a house that is a little more like what we would drive up to:


This one is also a candidate for a Michie beach house:




But, the piece de resistance is this beauty:


This one is for sale with the unique message, "For lease, sale, or trade." Maybe I should buy it for the sake of old times.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are perfect. It may be my memory but it seemed they were always unusual colors, like the Pink Panther. Also, it would have been really perfect if a psychotic basset hound was hanging out the window.

12:06 PM  
Blogger IM said...

I want that bottom one, I wonder what they would take in trade for it.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

I'm in love with that first one. May I steal it for my dream house?

Our South African beach holidays were always in the same delapidated house - and we loved it. There were also dogs, but the only psychotic ones were the next door Rottweilers who liked to chew upon any smaller dogs that came their way.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Emily Barton said...

Maybe we should all go in together and make a trade for that last one?

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home