Froshty Mugs

An occasional forum I use to earn "She was funny" on my gravestone.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ten Things You Might Not Know About Me

My sister and brother have both addressed this topic on their blogs, although I think the original number was eight. I decided to write 10 things because my mind likes to work in multiples of 10 (maybe that's my 11th thing and this should be 11 Things You Might Not Know About Me--I'll let you decide).

1. I'm more likely to cry when I'm happy than when I'm sad.

2. I watch Apolo Ohno and Julianne Hough perform their version of the Samba (from "Dancing with the Stars") on youtube at least once a week.

3. I don't think chocolate ice cream is that great unless there's something like brownies in it.

4. I've convinced myself that, just by watching, I have the power to affect how the Carolina Tar Heels play in any given sport and I have to wait until I start watching to decide whether I will help them win or lose.

5. In 2004, while I drove over the Mississippi River Bridge just as the sun was setting over the New Orleans skyline, singing "Clocks" by Coldplay with my Peruvian friend Rale, I experienced a feeling of intense joy that I constantly try to relive.

6. I have a crush on a friend (a man) who is 15 years younger than I am.

7. I love to ride around aimlessly in a car after I've had a few drinks as long as someone else is driving.

8. I don't enjoy writing fiction, but I feel pressured to because many people I know say, "Oh, you're such a great writer; you should write a novel."

9. I hate the prepositional phrase "in order to."

10. My favorite number is 9 because of all the cool things about it, especially its symmetry. For example, the multiples of 9 from 2 to 10 all add up to nine, like 9x2=18 and 1+8=18 or 9x3=27 and 2+7=9. Not only that, but each sum derived from the multiples goes up by one increment and then back down again: 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, and 81.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily Barton said...

I actually knew quite a few of these, but I've decided you must have been adopted if you don't like chocolate ice cream. I love the number 9, too. It's so cool for all the reasons you note.

4:32 PM  
Blogger IM said...

I've been thinking, I think you should write a novel. Write it in your parody mode but don't tell anyone its a parody. You could fool publishers, they would think it was real since this is what sells these days,and probably win a Nobel Prize.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home